Rules & Regulations are subject to change without notice
1) Hockey Canada/O.H.F. rules apply with the following exceptions noted.
2) Teams must register at least one hour prior to their first game.
3) The maximum number of players to be registered and dressed is 20; the maximum number of players to be dressed for each game is 20, this includes two goalies. Af?iliated players will be accepted anytime during the tournament. Any team found with ineligible players participating in a game will be disquali?ied from the tournament. (Note:Games won by a disqualified team will be considered a win for the opposing team at a score of 1 - 0).
All teams must carry local league Registration Cards or League Roster Forms for each player (copies accepted). No team can participate without their Branch Travel Permission.
4) FIGHTING / MAJOR PENALTIES / MATCH PENALTIES: Reference
OHF minimum suspension list.
5) TEAM COLOURS: It is preferable that each team carries two
contrasting sets of sweaters with them. It is the responsibility of the
Home Team to change colour of sweaters if they are similar to their
opponents. Home and Away is indicated on the schedule.
6) TIES - METHOD OF DECLARING DIVISION STANDINGS, RANKINGS, & WILD CARDS:
a. If two teams are tied in points, whichever team won the game played
against the team which it is tied with, places higher, i.e. head to head.
b. If still tied, add the goals for and against together and divide into the goals for, the team with the highest percentage placing higher. ***When applying this formula the maximum goal differential in any game shall be no greater than 10.
c. If still tied: most goals for
d. If still tied: fewest penalty minutes (Majors & Misconducts included)
e. If still tied: coin toss.
However, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to change playoff opponents to ensure that no team plays a Wild Card or an opponent from preliminary play in the Quarter-Finals. *See Tournament Rules #6 for Preliminary Play if more than two teams are tied.
*** RANKINGS FOR THE ELIMINATION ROUND MAY BE ALTERED
IN AN EFFORT TO ENSURE LEAGUE DIVISION RIVALS ARE NOT
***TEAMS WILL NOT BE RE-RANKED AFTER THE ELIMINATION
7) OVERTIME PROCEDURE: Sudden death overtime will consist of
one (1) 5 minute period, 4 on 4, teams do not switch ends. If still tied
coaches will select 3 players and a shoot-out will take place, one end
at a time. If still tied after 3 shooters, coaches will select 1 shooter
and the shoot-out will be sudden death from that point on. The teams
must choose different shooters until all players have had a chance to
shoot. Any player serving a penalty that has not expired at the end of the overtime period is ineligible to participate in the shoot-out.
8) PROTESTS: There shall be NO PROTESTS. The decisions of the
Tournament Committee shall be final. The Tournament Committee
reserves the right to rule on items not previously covered, and
Hockey Canada will not permit a referees penalty call to be
changed unless said referee agrees to the change in writing.
9) TIME-OUTS: One 30-second time-out will be allowed per game
Rules & Regulations (Subject to change without notice)